South Florida Drowning Accidents
Studies are showing an alarming climb in drowning deaths across the state of Florida. Statistics showing a drowning study of accidental drowning deaths from 2000 to 2009 show a climb from an average of 11 fatalities to 18. For the annual drowning deaths a total of 18 accidental drowning occurred. This study also shows that most drowning accidents occur with children in the ages between 2 and 5 years of age.
Not only are the majority of drowning victim’s children but devastating proof shows that most drowning occur at a home residence in a single family backyard swimming pool. The 18 deaths calculated occurred 100% in an in-ground pool drowning. Only 1% of drowning statewide showed ditches, drainage areas and like water-harboring areas to cause victim deaths. Drowning spike in the month of May as the warmer weather creates more suitable temperatures for swimming and other water based activities.
In Florida drowning surpasses all other causes of death in children age 14 and under. This has become a significant public health problem in Florida and more community organizations are developing in order to provide drowning awareness and prevention advice. Through improvements in water safety and increased use of resuscitation drowning occurrences can decrease.
Programs throughout South Florida offer water safety lessons, CPR certification and age appropriate swim lessons for infants through adulthood. Certified swim instructors such as Julie Gross and the staff of Swim with Mr. Blue are making efforts to increase drowning awareness and to enable youth to swim safely and successfully in the water. Swimming lessons help to decrease a child’s risk of drowning but are not to be confused with drown proofing a child. Even the best swimmer can find them in a drowning situation. It is up to each person to make the appropriate choices towards drowning prevention methods in order to keep infants and children safe.
For more information about south Florida drowning statistics visit www.swimwithmrblue.com
- April Swim Savings
- Parkland and Coral Springs Swim Lessons...
- Parkland and Coral Springs Parents: ...
- Parkland Swim Lessons Can Save Your...
- Swim With Mr. Blue Shares Pool Safety...
- Accidental Drowning In South Florida...
- Autism Swimming Lessons South Florida
- South Florida Swim Safety For Autistic...
- Babies Swimming Lessons
- Safety Skills: Baby Swim Class
- CPR Classes South Florida
- Be Prepared With CPR Training In South...
- Infant Swim Classes
- Infant Swim Lessons
- Kids Learn To Swim
- Kids Swim Safety
- Kids Swimming Lessons
- Safe Kids Swimming Wear
- Kids Water Safety
- Miami Infant Drowning
- South Florida Drowning Accidents
- South Florida Drowning Prevention
- Famous South Florida Swimming Pools
- South Florida Swimming
- Summer Equals Kids And Swimming
- Choosing A Swim Instructor For Kids
- Swim Safety For Kids
- Beneficial Children’s Water Safety...
- Swimming For Babies
- Swimming For Babies