Swim Safety For Kids
Warm weather brings the opportunity for kids and their families to enjoy swimming in recreational pools as well as lakes, rivers and the ocean. With swimming enjoyment comes the responsibility of following safety rules, regulations and guidelines that will ensure water fun and prevent drowning fatalities. In 2005 there were 3,582 fatal unintentional drowning in the United States. This was an average of ten drowning deaths per day. Another 710 people lost their lives in boating related deaths. Alarmingly 1 in every four drowning victims is a child under the age of fourteen. These unfortunate accidents can be prevented.
Pools should be protected with a pool fence creating a barrier and keeping children out of harms way. Most children ages 1 to 4 are most likely to drown in a residential pool. Swim Safety for kids starts with supervision. A responsible adult should be present without distractions to watch children in the water at all times. Children should also swim with a buddy. Adults supervising children should be able to swim and know CPR. Children themselves should be given the opportunity to take swim lessons that will help them to not fear the water but to know how to swim to the side of the pool wall as well as float while calling for help. This can greatly improve a child’s rescue from a fall in the water.
In the case that children are swimming around natural bodies of water while boating and such a life jacket should be worn and the size should prevent the child from slipping out of this safety device. Adults should not consume alcohol while around the water especially when they have children in their care. Swimming can be fun for kids of all ages and can be safely enjoyed by following these safety tips and precautionary measures.
For more information about swim safety for kids visit www.swimwithmrblue.com.
- April Swim Savings
- Parkland and Coral Springs Swim Lessons...
- Parkland and Coral Springs Parents: ...
- Parkland Swim Lessons Can Save Your...
- Swim With Mr. Blue Shares Pool Safety...
- Accidental Drowning In South Florida...
- Autism Swimming Lessons South Florida
- South Florida Swim Safety For Autistic...
- Babies Swimming Lessons
- Safety Skills: Baby Swim Class
- CPR Classes South Florida
- Be Prepared With CPR Training In South...
- Infant Swim Classes
- Infant Swim Lessons
- Kids Learn To Swim
- Kids Swim Safety
- Kids Swimming Lessons
- Safe Kids Swimming Wear
- Kids Water Safety
- Miami Infant Drowning
- South Florida Drowning Accidents
- South Florida Drowning Prevention
- Famous South Florida Swimming Pools
- South Florida Swimming
- Summer Equals Kids And Swimming
- Choosing A Swim Instructor For Kids
- Swim Safety For Kids
- Beneficial Children’s Water Safety...
- Swimming For Babies
- Swimming For Babies